Saturday, February 25, 2012

2+2 = Awards

Last night I was nominated for 4 very odd blogging awards by the same person, and before I get to the awards, I will thank him.  Thanks, Liam. 

The first is Mrs. Sparkly's Ten Commandments Award.  I have no idea who Mrs. Sparkly is or what her commandments are, but I know she has weird taste.  The picture below is the thumbnail for this award.
Since I was nominated for this award, I have to answer a few questions/adhere to a few statments:
Describe yourself in seven words: Creative, crazy, writer, Wii-sword-fighting-extrodinaire, book-lover, chocolate-lover, homework-burdened.

What keeps you up at night?: Ideas, and characters that won't keep their mouths shut.

Whom would you like to be?: Myself without all the homework.

What are you wearing now: Jeans, t-shirt, and my pocket knife. Yes, the knife counts. I don't get dressed without it.

What scares you?: The picture this award came with, and these weird questions.

What are the best and worst things about blogging?: The best thing is connecting with fellow teen writers and reading their blogs.  The worst thing is that Blogger tends to throw temper fits and be really annoying.

What was the last website you looked at?: This Page Intentionally Left Blank. Liam's blog, which I am copying these questions from.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: My homework schedule.

Slankets, yes or no?: I have no opinion on this matter, since I didn't know what a Slanket was until I looked it up a few seconds ago.

Tell us something about the person who nominated you: Liam is the one who nominated me, and I know that he writes really funny blog posts.

Okay, that takes care of Mrs. Sparkly.  I'll do one giant nomination to pass all 4 awards on at the end of this post.

The next award is The Sunshine Award:

The rules for this award are as follows:
Thank the person who gave you the award.  Done.
Write a post about it. Working on it...
Answer the questions that come with it.  More questions? Ack!
Pass it along to ten people and let them know they've received the award. You'll see my list at the end of this post.

Questions:
Favorite color: Blue or purple
Favorite animal: Dragon
Favorite number: 42 (no, I have not read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
Favorite drink: Really dark hot chocolate
Facebook or Twitter: I don't care.  If you want to follow me I have links to my FB author page and my Twitter on my side bar, under my picture.
My passion: Writing. 
Getting or giving presents: This isn't a question. But since I have to answer it, I like getting presents better than giving them, but giving presents makes other people happy, so it makes me happy too.
Favorite pattern: Anything that isn't plain stripes. (plaid is okay)
Favorite day of the week: I don't have one.
Favorite flower: I can't pick one.

Okay, another one done. Next up is the Candle Lighter Award:
Thankfully, this one doesn't require anything I haven't done already.  Again, my nominations will be at the end of this post.

And last of all, the Leibster Blog Award:
Rules for the Leibster:
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
  2. Link back to that person. (I did that up post)
  3. Copy and paste the award onto you blog.
  4. Present the award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less.
  5. Let them know they've been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, now for my nominations:

The Word Asylum
Comfy Sweaters, Writing, and Fish
Oh Yeah, Write!

Hmm. Those seem to be the only other blogs I read that are eligible, and two have already been nominated. Oh well, maybe I'll think of more later.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord, I love you, Lily. I have to do you a favor now or something. Should I make a video, just for fun, instead of writing my next blog post? You know what, I'm going to do that. Dedicated to you.

    Again, THANK YOU. I'm still sick, and you managed to make my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I look forward to seeing your video. I hope you get better soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the flattering description! I forgot to do the Word Asylum, unfortunately. It's a great blog. HERE THAT, PHERIS? I LIKE YOU TOO. JUST NOT ENOUGH TO REMEMBER YOU WHEN I GET AWARDS. Perhaps that isn't helping...
    Anyway, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete